I grew up in a very athletic family. My dad was an avid marathon runner and from an early age I loved running. Throughout my childhood, I tried every sport imaginable from ballet to karate to soccer. I played soccer for about 8 years until I hit high school and transferred my efforts to swimming. I excelled quickly and made it to state both in school and on summer league.
By the end of high school I felt burned out and wanted to take a break. I kept up with intramural dodge ball and flag football but had lost the teams that I spent years building and growing up with. It wasn’t until my last year in college that Brian introduced me to CrossFit. I was hesitant at first but quickly fell in love with it. It was everything I needed in my life; community, sport, team, and personal growth.
CrossFit has also helped me become more active in the community and helps me stay in top physical condition for my full time job as a career Firefighter. I enjoy competing in USA Weightlifting and CrossFit. Not only do I take pride in our CrossFit community here at Ideal Collaborative, but I am part of the fitness committee at my fire department.
Education and Certifications:
- BA in Communication Studies and Business Entrepreneurship – Colorado State University
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- USAW Sport Performance Coach
- CrossFit Kids Trainer
- CrossFit Endurance Trainer
- CrossFit Defense Trainer
- November 2014 FRCF Weightlifting Championships 69 Kilo Class: Gold
- July 2014 Rocky Mountain State Games Weightlifting Meet 69 Kilo Class: Gold
- June 2014 Legends Competition: Silver
- September 2013 Cruxy Half Marathon: 1st place (Female 20-24)
- July 2013 Rocky Mountain State Games CrossFit (partner div): Bronze
- June 2013 CrossFit Games Regional Team: 10th Place Southwest Region
medalisthigh school swimming: free & back